Sunday 3 May 2015

Stuff I'm trying to use up #1



So, I have a lot of makeup. Before I start buying/opening more there are a few things I want to get finished up, either because I don’t overly like them anymore or I’m starting to feel I’ve had them for a long time. Really need to start writing opening dates on my stuff… 

Revlon Photoready Powder
I used to love this powder but it doesn’t mattify my foundation enough and I look shiny two hours after applying now. It has a subtle glitter/sparkle running through it and looks good when it’s just been applied but I’ve become so disappointed with its staying powder. I want to get it finished up but I won’t be repurchasing.
                                                                                                              
Max Factor Clump Defy Volumising Mascara in Black Waterproof
This and the Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara are my favourite mascaras and I have so many backups in my drawer at the minute because I always buy them when they are on offer. I feel like I have been using this for AGES and it is still not finished/ dried up. It makes my lashes volumised, lengthened and super black and has a curved wand so I like to so my first coat with the “thin” end then second coat with the “fat” end. This doesn’t flake or transfer on me

Maybelline Volume Express The Colossal Mascara in Black Waterproof
I’m a big fan of this mascara too and this one is definitely starting to dry up slightly now! Again I find it builds up both length and volume in my lashes with two coats and makes them look nice and defined. Again it doesn’t flake or transfer on me either unlike some waterproof mascaras I have tried on the past.

Max Factor Mastertouch Concealer
I’ve gone through loads of these concealers over the years and think this will be the last time I repurchase. They have a small colour selection I think of three colours so it can be hard to match to skin tone and I find the coverage with this is not as good as some other concealers I have. It has a twist up wand to release the concealer and I know some people won’t like the sponge applicator but I don’t mind it.

Soap and Glory Archery 2-in-1 Brow Filling Pencil and Brush
I’m a huge fan of Soap and Glory makeup and have owned the original Archery pencil that has the marker pen at one end as well as this. The little spoolie on the end is lovely and sturdy for brushing through brows and the pencil (I have the brown shade) is very thin and perfect for making brow strokes. I do really like this pencil but I also have the Soap and Glory D-I-Y Brow Bar kit and I prefer the finish of powders so I want to get this used up! I’ve also heard it’s meant to be a dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz but I haven’t tried it! 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
I don’t really get the fuss with this concealer that seems to be everyone’s holy grail. I don’t mind it but I have better concealers so I want to finish it up. I don’t use this under the eyes, I really only use it for blemishes and use it to cover any I have up before following with foundation. It is however great of you are on a budget!

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Lovers Coral
I never thought I would get this far down in a lipstick but I love this one! It gives such a lovely shiny peachy pink tint to the lips and really brightens up my face. I already have a backup of this waiting to go it’s my favourite lipstick!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I read them all and reply/visit your blog when I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Danielle's Beauty Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig